Complete France Forum

Certificate of Conformity

Aitch

Currently we use a generator for limited electrical needs. The wiring for this is new (3years) and only covers part of the house. We are now having a new supply to the house by EDF and the remaining part of the house will have new wiring once the staircase has been installed. I am in the process of returning all the forms to EDF, and they have also asked for a Cerificate of Conformity to accompany the 'Avis de transfert d'ouvrage Electrique'.

I do not have a CoC for the existing wiring and have written to the Electrician who did it, to ask for one, but he has not replied. A different electrician will complete the remaining wiring when we will have all this work done at our next outing in April. If I cannot get the original CoC from the 1st Electrician, does anyone know if there would there be any problems if my 2nd Electrician issues the Certificate of Conformity?

Thanks,

Aitch

The CofC is nbot issued by the Electrician, it is issued after an inspection, by the CONSUEL, which your Electrician should arrange.

However, broadly speaking, the Consuel will not certify a part installation ( you could change it after they have issued the cert, eg). So you may have to wait for a permanent supply until after the work has been finished. You could get a "builders supply" in the meanwhile.

Bear in mind that any new installation (or new supply) must conform to all the latest regs, including (believe it ir not) having the requisite number of 'phone, TV, washing machine, etc points.

Archived