Complete France Forum

REPOINTING JOB in HISTORIC LISTED VILLAGE

pinkcadillac

My entire village (Cordes-sur-Ciel, in the Tarn) is a listed, historic site.  This means that in order to repoint my stone house and replace the front door, I have to obtain permission through L'Architects de Batiments de France (sorry about the spelling) .

My questions is....does anyone know where I can get the correct forms to complete and is there a fee?  I am in the U.S. and cannot 'drop in' on the local Mairie.  I would like to get the permission process started so that when we make our trip in early September, the paperwork will hopefully be done and the work can begin.

I admire your optimism, " when we make our trip in early September, the paperwork will hopefully be done and the work can begin".

This is France my friend, and the midi pyrenees, if you have not yet got a devis I would get one now, waiting time for a decent builder registered etc around Cordes  is about ONE year AFTER you get the devis and many builders, well the good ones anyway, are refusing to do even devis for work in 2006.   You bringing a builder with you partner,  it looks like an opening for a cowboy yeeee hah!![:D]

Hi

Our village is also listed and all of our external works have had to be agreed by the Architect de Batiments de France. Our first port of call was at the Mairie - forms collected and completed - the Mayor spent ages with us giving his 'permissions' for paint colours, tiles etc, and then we had the real permission for work from the A de B de F. This took a little while - and we had to agree to hand made tiles for the roof, etc etc. The Architect was very helpful and contactable by email too. Whatever you do make sure that the work planned is notified on a poster so that neighbours are aware prior to commencement.We didn't know this....

Can you contact your Mairie by email to start with? The forms may be available on line but we did the paper version....Good luck

Phylis

Hello,

The forms are available online and you can post them to France from the US.  I felt the same way about wanting to get things underway while still in Australia.

It sounds like just a declaration de travaux which isn't really that big a deal. My declaration has been going on for three months now, because I have chosen to do all my correspondence by letter (translated from English to French) but it has been a stressfree experience.  The form number is available at http://www2.equipement.gouv.fr/formulaires/fic_pdf/10073.pdf  You should be able to get the address of your departments DDE from www.pagesjaunes.fr

I'm sure someone will tell you if a declaration de travaux will be enough, but it can never hurt to submit this form.  They can only write back and ask for more information or another form.  It should get you started anyway.

I hope I have been of some help,

Lynda

Archived