Complete France Forum

Double Glazing

markkp

Hi,

You asked for company,s did you mean supplied and fitted? We sourced and fitted our own.

We replaced all our windows doors and shutters with this company who sell everything you mentioned, www.pointp.fr they have branchs throughout 87, we are very satisfied with them. The branch manager came to the house and done all the measuring and fitted perfectly. We got to know him very well and spend a lot of our renovating buget with him and built up a great relationship. He gave us an account and when the bills came in you had 28days to pay, plenty of time to transfer funds over. We priced them in a few places and much of a muchness re price. Felt there quality was better.

www.lapeyre.fr has a place in 87.  is another we considered.

Regards

Mine came through Michel Forgeneuve, who has a scierie at Tous Vents, near to Piegut Pluviers, just into Dordogne from 87 on the D675. Tel: 05 53 56 53 94.He is a genuine nice guy.

He will come to you, measure up, discuss styles, opening side, number and type of openings, handles etc etc, then order the windows, which take 4-6 weeks.

Then, you pay him, and someone else fits them for you, under contract to him, at your leisure.

When we did ours, it was about €6 each for fitting...............because if HE fits for you, TVA is at the lower rate, whereas if he sells to you and YOU fit, it's at 19.6%.

I thought that €6 per window/door was fair, considering the work in doing two of the doors and one window: not straightforward at ALL!

Mine all match the originals in white uPVC.

Alcazar

Archived