Complete France Forum

Advice in 'change of use' please

jehe

We are planning on turning an agricultural building that up to now housed junk plus an old tin loo (the only one on the property as the house does not have a bathroom/loo etc at the moment) into a wash and toilet facility for visiting anglers plus converting another area of it into a kitchen/dining area for their use.There are no external changes taking place at all.

My question is what planning requirents,if any, are there for such a change and in the case of the toilet facility does the fact that the old tin loo was housed there mean that technically it will not be change of use ?

Thanks,Jim.

Again (this question seems to be coming up plenty of late), you will need planning permission, because of the change of use. However, you may get away with it if the building is less than 20M2. However, again, some agricultural buildings are very difficult to obtain permission for,....

You best bet is to ask at your Mairie.

I should also point out that if this is part of a commercial venture then the TVA will be the full 19,6%. However if it is a private thing you can still be caught out when the paperwork goes in regarding PDC and the final Taxe d'habitation  changes. Get your artisan to get it in writing from his local TVA head as to the correct rate because you could be chased for the difference in a couple of year's time. Any agricultural or independent building away from the main residence is subject to a full PDC for a change of use and having an old loo means absolute nothing at all as your septic tank/drainage will also be under inspection as well.

An update on this question - I have checked my documentation and it appears that the building in question is classified as a storeroom not an agricultural building and it also appears that in one small area the deeds read 'ancient toilet' so would this make a difference ??

Thanks again,Jim.

Archived