Complete France Forum

Plumbing Question

powerdesal

I have never used PEX pipe but intend to, for CH.

Most things seem clear but....... are bending springs necessary or does

the pipe bend by hand without deforming. I will be using 22, 15 and 10

mm pipe with 90 deg elbows as required. I can locate 22 mm and 15mm

springs ( I think ) but cant find any reference to 10mm. Do I need to ?

Is the 22, 15 and 10mm size OD or ID ? ( I,m thinking for pipe clips )

Regards

Isn't PEX a UK product, the equivalent of French PER? If so, I've used miles of PER, which is very good. French plumbing pipe sizes are quoted as 2 figures - I/D & O/D - 12/14, 20/22 etc. PER is no exception (although the wall thickess is greater, giving 12/15 etc). I doubt if a bending spring would help you much in the middle of a 100M roll - a big advantage of plastic plumbing. It bends by hand, although be careful and 90 degree bends are best supported by readily-available external clips. Otherwise the pipe will just straighten iself.

If it passes over anything, it must be protected by a gaine - PER expands by a huge amount with heat and will chafe easily.

The real advantage of plastic pipe is the ability to bury it behind stud walls without worry of a leak in the future, for this reason alone, I woiuldn't recommend the use of elbows anywhere.

Rubbish.Nick. About fitting bends,straight connectors, tees etc just make sure you put the inserts inside. thats what the fittings are made for, the marks on the pipe is to make sure it pushed fully home. also do not cut the pipe with hacksaws ,preferably. with the correct cutter. I find its neater to come out of the floors /walls etc with copper tails But everyone to there own way. The only place i would not put fittings or is recomended are on underfloor heating coils .Happy days Michael.

Thank you both.

I really wish I had the option of coming out of walls / floors but with

solid stone walls and ditto floor it means I am surface mounting and

boxing in with hollow skirting. White plastic tails to valves will

(IMHO ) be aesthetically acceptable.

Use of elbows is in places that 'tight' radius bends are needed that may be tighter than the 75mm rad / 15mm pipe spec.

The 22mm is all straight run until the load drops to give 15mm so I

dont need to worry about bends on that, just expansion !!!!!!!!!

Regards

Archived