Complete France Forum

New partition walls around window frames

bwfc1965

I am about to put some new partition walls up , some of which will include existing windows ( i.e. making a currently un-even and unplastered surface smooth/square)

I have decided on the Placostil for the general patitions, but was wondering how easy it is to use this around the existing windows? or would I be better using the old wooden method?

There is no reason really not to use the metal for this, the only thing I would say and it is a personal preference is where you need to screw it together(i.e where you cannot crimp)  use the screws designed for this and not the drywall screws.

Hope this helps

Steve

The best use of a partition wall I've seen ,was in an hotel in Parthenay. The prop did point out it was an en-suite room. The one large radiator was half in the bedroom and the other half through the partition wall into the bathroom.A well planned room as if you tried to open the wardrobe door, you got stuck against the bed!!

Back to the post. No problem using metal, might even be worth using a thinner one into the window recess.If you haven't used it before, don't forget you can get a plate to fix directly to the wall, not only using a sole and header plate.

Regards. B&B st.Malo    ourinns.org

Archived