Complete France Forum

170m rule 2 separate buildings on same parcel

tempinfrance

Apologies, because I know for sure this has been covered , i just can't find the right post.

I have a small barn with its own CU, the main house also has its own CU but they stand on the same parcel. they are not attached in any way .

Would the potential surface areas be added together to calculate whether an architect is required or are they treated as separate with regard to the 170m rule?

Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

I am interested to read your' 170m rule' question (feb 06) but sorry not to see any replies!

We also have two buildings on the same plot, not attached in any way.Together their SHON exceeds 170m2(individually not .)I always imagined a building would be considered indepently but am surprised to herar from a surveyor (english working in france) that they are not. He suggests we can apply for permis de construie for one building w/o an architect(to speed things up) but if we apply for 2nd building (even 3 years later) we would require an architect to sign off the plans.Something to do with tax.We were hoping to work in stages so this has thrown us a little.

Hopefully you have found an answer to your question by now...... would be delighted to hear what it was.Thanks.

Archived