Complete France Forum

Roof tiles

Harley

Does anyone have any experience of roof tiles as opposed to slate.  We are having tiles and the roof is all but finished but it looks to me as though they have tried to save some money and not used enough.  The reason I think this is that they are shaped in such a way as to allow the next tile to slide underneath and sit on a ridge but they are not.  They are sitting at least two inches above this and it looks odd. Any ideas anyone?[:)]

I've parked the Lambretta Twinks...........right, now I can tell you

that the rain they have in Normandy requires more robust weather

beaters than your old Romans !! So the suns the same Tresco, it's the

damned rain that's different for the poor Normans ! (Mr Grimsdale...No

that's anuvver Norman stoopeed !!)

Thanks all.  Have just returned from the Vendee where they have those lovely tiles.  Saw some nice Gladiators too[;-)].    I'm not sure they would be up to the Norman weather though, as Miki said.  The tiles that is, not the Gladiators.

These tiles sit at the end of the roof and are shaped to hang over the gable end at a right angle.  The bottom half looks like an ordinary tile but the further up the tile you go it slopes in to allow the next tile to sit on top.  Probably the best way to show you would be for me to take a photo and post it on here but I wouldn't know where to start.[:'(]

Hi Harley, I tried to send you a photo of our new roof in Normandy to see if it was similar, no luck! if I press copy I do not get a "paste" on this message form, I could send it in an ordinary e-mail. Perhaps you could pm me your e-mail adress so we could exchange "notes". Or somebody could tell me what I do wrong, why I can't include a picture on this message form.

Archived