Complete France Forum

New Build Dept. 22

ChipshopCharlie

Hi,

I've recently come across a building plot in dept. 22 and am considering buying it but want to get a feel for the cost of construction before I commit myself.

My plan is to have the bulk of the work done by a contractor i.e.walls, roof, plastering, 1st and 2nd fix carpentry and electrics, leaving bare walls, so that I can then fit the bathroom, kitchen and decorate.

Has anyone here done anything similar? I'm thinking about a three or four bedroom house, about 160 sq. m.

I'd much appreciate any recommendations for contractors and also who I should avoid!

Thanks

Charlie

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am in a similar position I have a plot, the other half of our garden, and am about to apply for permission to build.  Shouldn't be a problem as new houses are going up all around us although how long it will take your guess is as good as mine!  I was in the building trade in the UK so maybe we can help one another by swapping experiences.  I am a bit out of touch with prices in the UK but I think they are about the same here.  We are in dept 37.

Dave

Archived