Complete France Forum

New tap leaking

Jerac

Hello

We bought a wall mounted bath/shower tap from Lapeyre from their 'bargain basement' section.My OH checked it carefully & all seemed well.We fitted it,cutting holes in plasterboard etc,but when we turned on the water it leaked badly from the fitment.There is no way of mending it.When I checked the invoice it clearly stated 'produit declasse/nirepris/ni echange/vendu dans l'etat'.

In Britain we would still be covered by the law that states something must be 'fit for purpose' even if sold as a bargain.Does this apply in France or must we write off our 129 euros to experience? We are quite happy to pay more if necessary to get a working tap as obviously this was a one off when we bought it.

Thanks

Liz

Can't help with your rights, the legal bit, but I'm intrigued in your statement that there's no way to repair it?

I can't imagine a tap, sold at €129 as a bargain, being impossible to repair. What would owners who bought it full price do if it went faulty? Chuck it? I think not.

If they won't replace it, take it elsewhere and see if the "guts" are available as spares. Alternatively, contact the manufacturer.

Alcazar

Archived