Complete France Forum

Declaration de travaux

vickybear

Hi all,

Have done a search and can't find exact answer so........

We need to put a window and velux in, window to side wall and velux to roof. I have the Declaration forma and am currently trying to understand what I have to complete / send. It came with a list of instructions and under the section headed 'In all Cases', point 2 asks for 'Un plan de masse de la construction cote dans les trois dimensions...........'

As we are not constructiong anything why/how do we do this?

Also, the form asks for SHOB and SHON details. Again, as this is only a window do we need to calculate all this?

If anyone has successfully got permission for windows recently I'd be very grateful for a quick list of wjhat you sent / what you completed.

Many 'hopeful' thanks in advance!!

I found that when I ask the assistant at the Mairie, she was very helpful and explained what they would need... As their requirements are bound to be different, I can only suggest you go and ask. That's what they are there for...

PS: plan de masse = plan, but they usually accept pictures/drawings marked before and after.

SHOB and SHON are used to calculate the potential increase your intended works could have on the taxe foncière on your property. For instance, a Velux could indicate a room has been added to the attic, so more habitable space and more tax to pay. I posted about this here earlier this month...

Hi Clair,

Thanks for your response and your link. If you've still got your H1 simulation form could you do me a big favour and tell me where you think I need to put in the size of our barn which is accessible through the house. I can't see whether I should put it as part of the house - section 41, part C ( scared this may incur extra tax ) or as 'constructions accessoires' secion 51. There is no mention of a grange in either section.

I get more confused every time I pick these forms up [8-)]

Thanks Brit!!

I'm going to go down the photo before and after route and hope for the best. Unsure what to expect as II now understand applying for permission for a window will set the planners bells ringing! I've created a new bedroom on my first floor as I'd been told that just because my first floor wasn't inhabited previously doesn't mean it isn't habitable!  The rooms up there have their own doorway ( full size, same as the rest of the house ) into them and there was a very poor staircase of sorts leading to them when we moved in. The mayor and an architect on this forum told me I didn't need any permissions to start using the rooms again. We've now sold the house and a condition of sale is putting these windows in and making the rooms suitable for use again and I must admit I'm worried whether, somewhere along the sale process, we'll find out we need all kinds of permissions we don't have. I have filled in an H1 form for half of the upstairs which is now another room, the room needing windows will need another H1.  It's all very confusing!!!![Www]

Just to clarify: if the space is already habitable (as proved by the stairs and doorway), there should be no increase in your taxe foncière.

You simply need a déclaration de travaux for the fenêtre de toit.

I would specify "fenêtre de toit pour une pièce existante" in the description, just to be on the safe side.

Archived