Complete France Forum

Re-pointing Tuffaut

Deimos

I have to re-point some of my Tuffaut stone walls (cosmetic reasons where existing pointing has fallen out).  Does anybody have any suggestions as to what should I re-point it will ?  I tend to think white cement would not be a good idea and wonder is chaux is the right think (and if so what sort of mix) ?

Many thanks
Ian

Many thanks. Local supermarket had moved on to the Nov issue as had local newsagent. Could not even find it in the local newsagent so I asked and they said they only had the Nov issue (on the shelves) but another assistance overheard and said the previous month issues were going back that lunchtime and he then appeared with the Oct issue - "just in time".

Also has an interesting "pull-out" on heating and energy.

Ian

Definitely. One of the 3 materials they say to use I think I know what it is but I'll take the article into my builders merchants and double check. I'm still filling the Tuffaut surfaces (where it has "eroded" and worn, and progress is slower than I'd hoped due to the weather. The stuff takes more than a day to go off and we seem to have rain/showers forecast a lot.

I'm planning to fill the surfaces (avoiding the gaps between as much as possible. Re-cut the gaps where necessary (e.g. with an angle grinder), then re-point.

Many thanks

Ian

Archived