Complete France Forum

Fosse's, Lawyers and all the stuff they deal with (i.e. C*** !)

For anyone who has been reading the various threads about lawyers, Fosses and Immo's giving mis-leading info, we now have reached a solution. We ( Immo, Immos boss, Notaire and us, Vendor is Immos other half and didn't turn up) Have now reached a solution without having to resort to lawyers, after a loooooooooong discussion the Notaire suggested that the Vendor pay half the average cost of the Fosse and the Immo pay the other half (this was slightly less than the total cost as we're on a difficult site clay, slope etc etc so the Notaire and Immos boss or expert didn't pay anything apart from their time in sorting it out for which we are truely grateful, it was well worth the cost of 2 beautifully written letters in French as it galvanised everyone to action with out the cost of lawyers. The clincher was the fact we had all the emails and photos from when we viewed and the fact they had ignored emails from the Notaire before the final signing.

I'm a firm believer that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and now we can get on with enjoying our house and the Gers in our fresh smelling house! we had a loevly time there and can't wait to make it a permenant move.

Thanks for everyones advice and support it was very stressful at times but I would have felt a lot worse if we hadn't done anything about it and would have felt as if we'd been taken advantage of.

Anyone fancy running a village shop and Post Office in Lancashire, good business, supports second home in France etc etc [;-)]

Archived