Complete France Forum

Heating our home in the Averyon

Airbourne

Help please. Just sorting out the heating in our home and have seen the Charnwood range of multifuel stoves that can run a central heating system. Has anyone any information or comments on this product range, or indeed any other similar systems?

As an alternative we are also considering using a Jotul stove for heating our main room, with electric convector heaters in other rooms. I'm also aware that there are many different EDF tariffs. Anyone got any info' on these? Thanks in anticipation.

EDF's tariffs are shown here

Tempo is not available everywhere.

Heures creuses gives lower rates at predefined times of day/night.

The

cheap rate times vary according to the area. For instance, we have

cheap rate between 2-5pm and 2-7am, but my sister who lives in another

part of France gets cheap rate at 12-3pm only... In order to have

maximum benefit of it, you should have a timer on heavy users like

washing machine, dish washer, tumble dryer...

The down side with Tempo and heures creuses is that although you pay less at some times of the day/year, you also pay a higher "meter rental" rate.

I

believe Tempo has some downsides which have been discussed before, so

try a search on it here and you should find a lot more info on it.

On the whole, a face to face at your local EDF office should be very productive.

Concerning wood burning stoves, I had a Charnwood in England and considered getting one here, but my nearest French supplier was going to charge so much for delivery I opted for a Jotul. I was very happy with the Charnwood and am with the Jotul too. Both were discussed extensively here.

Archived