Complete France Forum

Re: Woodburners...a WARNING

Heath

Thanks for your replies........as this didn't actually cause a fire, we found out about his faulty workmanship before it happened, surely his insurance won't cover it?? I'm just so cross.....I feel like hitting him with the piece of inox!!!! which I might add is all black on the outside.

I do have his facture which he has receipted.

My next door neighbour's husband is coming down next weekend (he works in Brussells) and he's going to help me write a letter which we will send 'lettre recommandee avec avis de reception'. If he doesn't reply what do I do next??

aj

[quote user="aj_dr"]Thanks for your replies........as this didn't actually cause a fire, we found out about his faulty workmanship before it happened, surely his insurance won't cover it?? I'm just so cross.....I feel like hitting him with the piece of inox!!!! which I might add is all black on the outside.

[/quote]

I doubt if his deccenale insurance (or any other for that matter) covers against bad workmanship.

Have you left the flue as it was? If so, seek a report from a hussier de justice, whose report will be taken as gospel by a court. Problem is, these folks don't come cheap (200€+, I'd guess). Even then, court cases in France are awful slow...

So, I'd suggets that you write your letter. If he sends you your money (or fixes the problem), great! If not, chalk it up to experience & get on with your life.

Most of the flue in still there. I just have the 1 meter length which had been taped in the garage....we'll write the letter and see what happens, not a lot I expect!! It's been a costly experience I don't want to see others having this problem.

aj

Archived