Complete France Forum

Woodburner - calculation

aj_dr

Does anybody know how many Kw per cubic metre is required. I know when you go to buy a woodburner is states how many Kw it will provide but that doesn't help. In the UK when they work out boiler size and number of radiators they take into account not only the size of the room but also external walls, double glazing etc., do they in France?

We have a woodburner in the lounge of 14kw, which is probably too big but I do like it warm!! The room is 132.5 cubic metre,has 2 external walls and we don't have double glazing. On my calculations 1Kw heats 9.46 cubic metres.

Our hall/dining room has a woodburner of 8Kw and the room size is 122.66 cubic metres, 1 external wall,no double glazing and a staircase leading out of the room. We were assured at the time by the supplier/installer that the insert would be adequate. This means that 1Kw has to heat 15.33 cubic metres and that's without taking into account the heat that goes upstairs!

Unfortunately the hall insert was fitted first, had I known I would have had a bigger one in the other room. I was just wondering how they do their calculations.

aj

Archived