Complete France Forum

The pumber is coming tomorrow!

Isn't it amazing how simple things like this can get you so excited when you are restoring a house?

The plumbing and electricity has nearly taken 10 months.  Such a long time for something that was to only take a couple of months.  Our contract with him is about a year old now, as we signed for the work to be done about this time last year.  Is it still valid?

Anyway, I'm so excited that it's going to be finished tomorrow.  No more climbing over the washing machine to reach the bathroom taps.....    Power points that aren't hanging out from the wall....  Rooms where I can actually turn a light on...  and best of all.... a downstairs loo.

We've think we should have a party to celebrate, with everyone needing to come with a full bladder, so that they have to try out our new toilet![:P]

The plumber arrived yesterday and stayed the WHOLE DAY!

The electrics still aren't done, but I can't explain the different feeling about the house that I have now.

Before the bathroom sink was in a different room than the bathroom and I had to climb over the washing machine to brush my teeth.  Now the room that had the sink and washing machine is empty, I have a new little room with laundry taps, all ready for my little laundry.  I have a bathroom WITH a sink. I now have a downstairs toilet.  I feel like the house is now functioning, instead of everything in the wrong spot.  Has given me a new lease on life!

Archived