Complete France Forum

pise

malc

Hi this is the first time I have used this site.

I hope someone can help. I have an old farmhouse near Ambert dept 63 The house is built with stone walls to the first floor and then in pise for the rest. I am aware that these walls should be covered with a breathable material. The problem I am having is to get anything to stick to the internal pise walls. I intend to plaster/crepi these walls this summer and will need to put up quite alot of material to obtain even a rustic look. Is there a subtance which will help the plaster stick. I have tried PVA but without sucess. Any suggestions? does anyone know how it's normally done by French plasterers?

Welcome

Chicken wire held on with 6" nails and washers, then LIME plaster (must be, for the "breathability"), then a suitable paint.

You may be able spray the plaster directly onto the wall & make it stick. If you use the right plaster, even floating it on should work.

Or you could dryline the whole lot...

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

Welcome

Chicken wire held on with 6" nails and washers, then LIME plaster (must be, for the "breathability"), then a suitable paint.

You may be able spray the plaster directly onto the wall & make it stick. If you use the right plaster, even floating it on should work.

Or you could dryline the whole lot...

[/quote]

hi    

ok like Nick says for rammed earth buildings , pure lime is the only way to go , get on your rubber gloves and paste it on by hand .... and I would not use paint but lime wash for the finnish.... it must breathe

good luck

Dave

Archived