Complete France Forum

Small Query about S.P.A.N.C. Form

Debated where to post this, here, legal or finance section? So chose here.

We have not long received a form from our local S.P.A.N.C office, the form has already been filled in by one of their chaps. Not sure how they came to do this as we didn't request it, I don't think, unless it's proceedure after receiving P de C for a new build on our plot of land. A while ago I e-mailed our Maire to confirm whether the fosse had been approved, but no reply from them. Anyway, we are glad to have received this form.

There is a question requiring a tick in the relevant box which they have done, question being:

Caractéristiques de l'habitation.

Nombre de chambres: 3.    Résidence:   principale (box ticked)   secondaire (box not ticked).

My question is, which sounds daft while writing it, but husband and I disagree, shouldn't we inform them that this will be a second home, not our main home, as we live and work in England. I worry it might complicate things with tax etc, if we leave it as it is, as he suggested.

Thanks in advance.

Liz.

Hello

I would most certainly tick the box which is the correct one for your situation, i.e. maison secondaire, it may have some bearing on the size of fosse needed, although I'm not aware they make any distinction but you never know.   If you think about it if you only use the house for 10 weeks in a year you will need to have the fosse emptied a lot less than those of us who 'use' it every day so to speak.

Panda

Nice thought Panda but not very practical.

The fosse size will be determined by the potential number of users in the house.

Just think about it..............the original poster sells the house in the future so the new owner has to rip out the fosse and start again. [:D]

Thank-you Panda and Benjamin for your replies.

I agree with both of you. I will have to convince husband to have the appropriate box ticked to avoid future complications or misunderstandings that may arise.

Regards,

I wasn't actually thinking about the fosse itself, but raising alarm bells that we were residents in France permenantly, when we are not and then implicating financial queries. I don't relish in going to the authorities and explaining our situation and our error...command of the French language isn't up to that, yet.

I am blond and was having a 'moment' clearly!  I know what that's like, used to be blond, now I just seem to have 'senior moments', even though I'm not that old![:-))]

Archived