Complete France Forum

wood preservatives

whitey

hi,

just a quick question about outside wood preservatives. could anyone tell me if you can get an equivilent to the types of wood treatment you can get in the uk for fence panels etc (the likes of cuprinol etc etc)

if anyone has found them or knows of a good product could you let me know as all i can find at the minute are mainly varnish type preservatives which we don't want.

thanks for any info. mel.

I can buy the same range of Ronseal or Cuprinol here as I can in UK.  The only difference is that it costs more here. Used Cuprinol 'Timberlife' (I think it was the name, brown stuff thicker than creosote but thinner than varnish, water based too) on the side of some stables that is in full sun all day.  went on easy and gave a good finish that is still fine 3 years on. Works well on rough wood but not on planed or prepared wood.

Edit:  Maybe it was called 'Fencelife'  (and maybe it was Ronseal after all)

hi,

thanks for the info, i have found a reasonably priced "lasure" wood preservative at " mr brico". (15 euro for 6 litres, own brand) it has gone on very well and has soaked into the wood as required, it's easy to use and they have a choice of colours. i will keep you posted about it's durability!!! thanks again. mel .

Archived