Complete France Forum

no dig pipe repair?

AEB

My house is built into the side of a hill - well a bit of the Pyrenees!  The house waste pipes come through the ceiling of a basement room drop to the floor, travel several feet underground, reappear through a garden wall, before dropping into the ground again and going off to the fosse septique.  It has always been my intention to replace them, at least in the places where they are not embedded into walls and floors, because they came up in my house report as having some asbestos content.  Unfortunately there is now a slight leak coming from the garden wall where the pipe emerges from it so the need to do something has become more urgent.

To minimise disruption, I am trying to find a solutions that would allow me to replace the pipes where they are in the open but line them where they are underground.  I have found a UK web site that offered no dig pipe repair using cured in place pipe, although I have this horrible feeling that might cost more than digging up the old pipes, replacing them and then putting new concrete and stone terracing back on top of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a less disruptive and less costly solution?

Many thanks 

Archived