Complete France Forum

Wrought iron work...

MrCanary

You are welcome - I only know this because I've been looking at them myself.  A spin-off question, maybe you've solved it?  We've got Volets Persienne (the type that concertina) on our new lucarnes (because the standard sort just fold back into mid air, and the roller ones look naf on an old farmhouse) - plus the windows open inwards, as per.  I've looked and looked at the window arrangement, and cannot for the life of me figure out where to fit them (the gardes-corps) so they don't interfere with either the window or the shutters.[8-)]

That is a good question...

When we arrived at our French home in early June, we found that the local man who is fitting our new windows and volets had (as a surprise) fitted us two volets persienne as well. I had not thought about the difficulties with the subsequent fitting of the iron work. As I am currently at Chateau Angleterre, I will take a look at some pictures and see if I can figure out a way..........

Window

When we were in La Roche Posay in June, I saw some nice ones and took a piccie on my mobile phone. I just looked at it and they fit on the leading edge of the stonework, rather than in the recess where the volets persienne are, so I guess that would be the answer. The only problem with that is, they would probably have to be made specially - and up goes the price! Wish I had taken the picture with my camera rather than my phone as I do not know how to get it off the latter to share with you...

Snappy

Archived