Complete France Forum

Declaration D'Ouverture De Chantier.

Ysatis

Hi,

How soon in advance does one have to submit the Declaration D'Ouverture De Chantier form at the Mairie before one can begin work. We had out P de C granted just before Christmas '06, and haven't submitted the form(s) as of yet as we didn't know exactly when we were going to start work but there is a possibility we may start in two weeks time.

Can we submit it a day or two before we start or is it a case of a week, weeks or months before.

Regards,

Liz

You can put it in just before you start. But its worth remembering the clock starts ticking for neighbours right to object , from the later of the ouverture de chantier notice OR when you put up the sign with all the permis details at the site.

We have had the sign up with our P de C details since February '07, it was submitting the forms (Déclaration d'Ouverture de Chantier in triplicate) that came with the P de C that I was wondering about. Is it a case of, we fill them all in, hand them to the secretary, she stamps a copy and gives it back to us and off we go ready to start work.

Liz

I think you're right. The reason I haven't sent them is because I'd rather do the 'filling in' at the Mairie just incase I'm not sure of what to put where and I can ask. This is what we did when we filled in our P de C and the secretary was extremely helpful.

Well, so far so good. I was hoping not to hear that we should submit them 3 months before work starts. It's not definate that we will start, just there maybe a possibility, depending on if the digger and driver are free while we are there.

Liz

Archived