Complete France Forum

Internal stone cladding

PaulT

On one wall we have/had (I've ripped half of it off) wood cladding. We have decided to replace it with the stone 'tiles' - the random shaped ones - from Brico Depot, the ones that look like stone as opposed to those that are shaped like but look false.

Any tips on fitting these - i.e. does the adhesive hold them in place or do they need additional support and also for getting them to look as though a skilled mason built a stone wall. Also any tips on the pointing - filling in the bits between the stones.

Also the names that I need to look for for the correct adhesive and 'pointing' materials.

Paul

We used Weber & Broutin adhesive. You will probably need to get this from builders merchant rather than a Brico. The adhesive did hold the normal size in place but not the corner stones. For the pointing we used the traditional chalk, cement and sand mix that is used for real stone. You can get Tradifarge which is the cement/chalk mixed and you add the colour sand you want.

At the foot of page 182 Brico Depot Catalogue 'Coplle en Pate' Speciale Parement. If it were me I would probably dryline first to get a  straight vertical wall then glue them on. The page also has 'Croisillons en Te' and the 'Joint Special'   Unlike previous years Brico Depot Bordeaux still has catalogues in Stock

Archived