Complete France Forum

Bats

We have a house with a barn attached.  The neighbours have started to renovate their barn and the bats which were living in their barn have now decided to come into our barn and have also found their way into our attic.

Has anybody any suggestions of how to "persuade" the bats to go elsewhere?

I can't see why you shouldn't want them at all, completely innocuous creatures and seriously threatened, 85 to 90% decline with some species and this year from the reports that I'm getting is starting to look rather grim for them in many regions of France, lot of young bats dying.

Chris

We have bats in the cellar and I judging from the pile of droppings, there are at least 2 nests. They are a little bit messy, but I don't mind them at all.

I find it quite fascinating to try and catch a glimpse of them as they zoom out at dusk... the cat stays well clear!

I bought some of these last year http://www.pestcontrolshop.co.uk/acatalog/4-pack-super-pestx-ultrasonic-pest-repeller-mice.html which are to get rid of mice in the UK of course. They have certainly got rid of our mice and the couple of bats which lived in the house (it had been empty for 10 years) seem to have moved out too - at least, this was the case last time I was there.

I was happy for them to be in our attic or barn, it was the ones which wanted to share my living space I was more concered with!

• 1 month later...

Archived