Complete France Forum

Fosse Pumps

Quillan

I wonder if anyone can help.

We are getting mains sewage connection but only to the edge of our property. Our fosse septic is at a lower level than the sewer. I am told that I can get a pump that will pump from the fosse to the sewer. I have no idea about how this works, what I need and where to get it from. Last but not least I was wondering about the price of course. I would be very grateful for any information and how to set about installing it.

It's called "une pompe de relèvement" or "pompe de relevage".

The one we have sits in a 200 l holding tank, and it pumps to the septic tank when the holding tank is full.

I can only give you the "all-in-one" price, as it came as a kit.

Back In Oct 2003, it was 2600€.

[quote user="Quillan"]

I wonder if anyone can help.

We are getting mains sewage connection but only to the edge of our property. Our fosse septic is at a lower level than the sewer. I am told that I can get a pump that will pump from the fosse to the sewer. I have no idea about how this works, what I need and where to get it from. Last but not least I was wondering about the price of course. I would be very grateful for any information and how to set about installing it.

[/quote]

hi ok

you are talking about a flyght pump ..http://www.flygtus.com/115133.asp

but the last thing you want is your waste water going into a tank if you are on mains drains ,you want to remove it or by pass it and fill it . the soil pipe comming from the house should only be just below ground level ,you just run this into the side of the "man hole " with the correct slope on the pipe.

dave

Archived