Complete France Forum

Under-sink filter?

Chrissie

Am having an empty room turned into a small kitchen.  The used water will not be able to pass through our bac a graisse as it is miles away round the other side of the house and on a different drainage system.  Does anyone know if there exists a sort of small under-sink filter that could trap the worst of the inevitable grot that will go down there?   (Plumber looked astounded when I enquired...)

Chrissie (81)

Thanks for the comments, folks.

The water will go to the fosse toutes eaux, just round a different route from the bac a graisse.  I am 100% certain our existing fosse does not comply with regs, but the local inspector REFUSES to come and inspect/advise as he is too snowed under at present.  So that will need replacing one of these days.  Admittedly it works like a dream.  But I do worry about the drainage pipes between the fosse and this sink (although it will rarely be used).  I'll keep nagging away at the plumber to fit something before the system is closed and it's too late. 

(Why do they think the customer is always insane? - had huge argument over the fact that new washbasin should be next to new loo, with towel rail also at the side.......we all know what that problem is!)

Chrissie (81)

Archived