Complete France Forum

Moving to Aude. Questions?

I'd just like to introduce myself. My husband and I are very excited as we have found our ideal place, an apartment in a chateau near Carcassonne. The offer has been accepted and we are awaiting the compromis.

Is it normal for the vendor to sign it first? I ask as a friend of mine is going through the same thing in a different area of France, and has been sent the compromis first, then to be sent to the vendor for him to sign. Does it make any difference?

We have been told that the final contact will be signed early September. This seems a long time considering the apartment is vacant, and we have no french mortgage to sort out. Again, is this normal?

We are buying from a dutch couple, resident in Belgium. As we are resident in the UK, are there any pitfalls we haven't thought of?

Any other advice welcome.[:)]

Hello

We bought our house near Carcassonne last year and we both signed at the same time but then my brother signed his ages after the other people and both our sales went through fine.

We found our place in May and didnt exchange until August although that was because they werent expecting to sell it so fast and wanted to use it them selves for the summer, but then i have heard from other people that it took them a long time to move in also.

Dont worry things seem very different from the way we do it overhere, I lost nearly everyone of my fingernails for nothing , it all ended well, it just seems to take for ever. this time next year your be sat in the sun wondering why you were so worried.

Good Luck with it all[:)] 

Archived