Complete France Forum

Need a non 0810 phone number for GDF please!

joidevie

Hi.. I'm sure someone's had this before.. I urgently need to phone GDF to arrange putting in a meter, but 0810 numbers won't accept calls from the UK, nor can I enter a UK nimber for their callback service.. Does anyone have a 'normal' number where I could start out from and get transferred? Many thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
I have been having the same problem and nearly gave up.

However today I succeeded by ringing Gaz de France on this number

0033 23 85 28 570

The lady I spoke to was able to speak a little english and I was able to speak a little french so we got there in the end.

All I was trying to do was ensure they had changed the contract details from the previous owner to myself.

Since last November I had written to them three times, sending proof of identity when requested etc.etc and after three months they still hadn't changed the contract into my name.

Phew! It's finally done.

The other services such as water, phone and electricity were easier, but still not easy.

Wow.. You're a better person than me! I even rang some 'local' contacts I was given by my Mairie, only to be told that '0810' numbers only!!

Eventually I (reluctantly) got a friend in town to make a call - which took 4 calls and 2 hours which is

exactly why I didn't want to ask the favour...

A real issue, especially as the web site offers a service for "English customers" yet no number that can work! True, EDF & FT seemed to work on a UK land line at least, if not a voip..

• 1 month later...
[quote user="PG"]I have been having the same problem and nearly gave up.

However today I succeeded by ringing Gaz de France on this number

0033 23 85 28 570

The other services such as water, phone and electricity were easier, but still not easy.

[/quote]

Just to update that this IS the official number for callers outside of France as I used it this morning. I mentioned to the operator that the number was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find.. (ie. not on any bills, web site etc.) but no doubt it will fall on deaf ears...

Thanks for posting this!

Archived