Complete France Forum

New boiler

Can someone help please.   We have just had a new oil fired boiler fitted in our recently purchased french home.   The only problem is all the instructions are in French and I have tried to download from the web but can't find anuything.

We have a Viessmann 300 boiler with a Vitotronic programme controller.   It is all working absolutely fine but when the warm weather arrives we may need to adjust it and although I am learning a bit of French it doesn't run to unravelli9ng a user manual.    The installers were very helpful and tried to explain but spoke limited English.

Can anyone help please?

Max

Le plombier,or anyone else who knows about these boilers,  I have a Vitola 111 oil fired boiler which isn't listed on the UK site, it works fine and has been little trouble except during a storm when I forgot to unplug it

There are control settings on the panel that I don't fully understand, these can be changed to alter the output for a cold snap in a normally warm time, eg summer and a warm spell in winter etc etc.

I must admit having read the instructions I do understand the theory of doing it but not necessarily how its done, but it does seem a lot of messing about to cater for what is normally a short period of unseasonal weather.  Given that I normally just set the ambient temperature and time off and on for C/H, is it, in you opinion, worth playing with these other settings?  If so what the advantages of doing this.  Thanks in advance.

I have a De Dietrich oil fired boiler and having read the French instruction manual (which was printed in double Dutch), I then downloaded the instruction manual in English to see if it was any more understandable than the French one....[:(]

Fortunately, it has two settings which concern me - the timer for the day/night settings, and the day/night temperature control.  The latter is permanently set to X/Y degrees but is 'overidden' by an external temperature sensor fitted to a north facing wall.  So, when it's extra cold out, the boiler woofs away a bit more to keep up with the set inside temperature, and when it's warm out, it just goes to sleep and doesn't fire up at all.

No need to twiddle with any of the knobs or buttons  - simple really.....[;-)]

Having read the instruction book for a comparable boiler in the UK, it seems that these are adjustments that you can make if rooms are too cold or too hot in the winter, spring or autumn with the standard thermostat settings and you can adjust the slope and level.  Reading it again I think these settings are meant to be permanent rather than on an odd warm or cold day basis.  Other good feature of the controls of these boilers are the holiday setting and the party setting - heat stays on later, these continentals think of everything[:D]

You should look at the controls on the Viessman site, not the boiler

All the functions are generic across the range

Print off the set for the one that looks most identical to yours and you will probably find the instructions are identical

I would not fiddle with the settings

Most programmers have the facility to reset to factory default and normally up to ten pre installed programme options

Look for these first so you have a way out if you get problems

Le Plombier

Archived