Complete France Forum

Changing a window to door(s)

FairyNuff

We have some friends who wish to enlarge an existing window to make French windows.  They asked us if they need to apply for full planning permission, just make a "declaration de travaux", or just go ahead and do it.  The proposed works are at the back of the house and don't overlook anyone. They live in the middle of nowhere, with just one neighbour about 100 metres away.  We don't know, but I'm sure the helpful folks here will.

Thanks for any help

FairyNuff

[:)]

Your friends are increasing the size of an existing opening and require a permis according to this notice (section 2.2.1)

http://www.urbanisme.equipement.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/1_La_notice_explicative_cle031692.pdf

"2.2. Autres travaux et changements de destinations sur construction existante

1) cas général

La modification du volume du bâtiment et percement ou agrandissement d’une ouverture sur un mur extérieur (R.421-14 c) -     Permis"

Thank you, we'll see the "patronne" tomorrow morning and pass it on.   I think permission should be almost a formality, they aren't near anything the that Batiments de France people need to be involved.

This forum is wonderful! The number of knowledgable and helpful people is something that gives me my faith in the goodness of the human race in general.

FairyNuff [;-)]

Archived