Complete France Forum

Theoretical planning permission question.

freddy

As I understand it if you want to put up a wooden building the basic rules are <2m sq just do it - < 20 m sq - make a declaration only to say you will be doing it. More than that proper planning permission.

My theoretical question is - can you make multiple declarations that you are putting up a temporary strucutre of less than 20m sq. It would seem reasonable that you could apply say once every few months and put up another big shed. However if you went on doing this indefinitely you could  end up with rows of 'chalets' none of which require planning permssion. This dosn't sound right either so does anyone know what the deal is can you put in any number of declarations or is there a stated limit.

I should point out I don't want 100s of sheds but might want say 2 x 20m sq cabins on a hectare of land and was just wondering what the limitation is if any?

As Nick says,this would be construed as chalets and the full planning permission would be called for and then you would probably find permission refused. A lot of land has been rezoned into NC as well. Drainage would be one of the biggest reasons for refusal.

Archived