Complete France Forum

Attaching guttering to corrugated roof! Advice Needed!

Rich1972

Hi all

There's a big barn that backs onto the garden and it's got a corrugated metal roof. The problem is that when it rains the water just flows straight off and turns the garden near the wall into a quagmire. I want to put guttering along the roof but the metal roof extends about 12 inches beyond the stone wall and there are no roof beams to which I can attach the guttering! Is there some sort of system for fixing a gutter using clamps or similar? Would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem (plus I want to collect the rain water in a cistern so I can use it for watering the garden (if it ever stops raining here!).

Rich

[quote user="Rich1972"]Hi all

There's a big barn that backs onto the garden and it's got a corrugated metal roof. The problem is that when it rains the water just flows straight off and turns the garden near the wall into a quagmire. I want to put guttering along the roof but the metal roof extends about 12 inches beyond the stone wall and there are no roof beams to which I can attach the guttering! Is there some sort of system for fixing a gutter using clamps or similar? Would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem (plus I want to collect the rain water in a cistern so I can use it for watering the garden (if it ever stops raining here!).

Rich

[/quote]

Yes you can buy gutter clips that fix to the sheet,with a screw clamp,from the same place that you buy the gutter.and they adjust for fall for flow.

Archived