Complete France Forum

RCD power adaptor / breaker ?

joidevie

Hi - I've been looking/asking around for an RCD power breaker to plug in to a French socket (for and outdoor fountain). They seem to be common in the UK for outdoor electricals, but I've had nothing but blank looks here ?

Is there such a thing, or do I bring one over from the UK ? I'd prefer to go local...

Thanks.

They are not common because a modern French electrical system has all its RCDs on the board (tableau). If your board is of any age there may not be any. Have a look at your board and see what you have there. If you are having an outdoor fountain, its supply really should go back to the board anyway ....

Could you not fit a double prise, then replace one of the prises with a switch, preferably with a neon to tell-tale when the fountain is "on"? Bring the supply to the prise via the switch.

I'm sure it would be OK for a fountain, the switches are rated at 10A.

It's dead easy to do with Legrand stuff, the prises/switches just clip in and out.

[quote user="trees 2"]Could you not fit a double prise, then replace one of the prises with a switch, preferably with a neon to tell-tale when the fountain is "on"? Bring the supply to the prise via the switch.

I'm sure it would be OK for a fountain, the switches are rated at 10A.

It's dead easy to do with Legrand stuff, the prises/switches just clip in and out.

[/quote]

That's an idea.. I'll have to have a look at these 'switches'. I'm back in France next week, so yet again, brico shop here I come.. (I've just finished the house and have been avoiding going to them like the plague!)

Thanks

Archived