Complete France Forum

Plumbers - Have I been ripped off?

Just Katie

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="Cat"]

Slightly off topic, but I was surprised to find out today how many plumbers (or PHD, plumbing, heating and drainage companies as I think they're properly called) get into financial difficulties and go into insolvency in the UK.  It used to be a a great trade to get into a few years ago, but perhaps only the good ones survive now that people are tightening their belts.  Must be depressing.

Anyway Katie, any news on those taps?

[/quote]

Hmm - we had a great plumber, he changed our boiler, changed the hot water to a 'French' style system, put in a new bathroom and has just replaced the shower & basin in the en suite. If we had a problem he would come out within 24 hours... depending on the fault.

I guess he used to do site work at slack times I know he often worked for buy to let landlords. He lived in a much nicer house than ours in a good area......however, builders have to a large extent stopped building new properties at the past rate, buy to let landlords are holding on rather than investing.  To get to his house he had to go through a 'bad' area and the thought of his two children growing up in the vicinity worried him. The upshot is that he is emigrating to Vancouver Island.......[:(][:(]

[/quote]

Vancouver Island?  Nice [:)]

Archived