Complete France Forum

Another Esse question

melmoth

The plumber has now told me that he hasn't installed the pump that pumps the water from the cooker through the heating coil in the hot water cistern. He says there's no need because the cooker boiler is so small. I find this a little perplexing - surely the water needs to be circulated in order to beterr heat the cistern? Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

I don't know if this helps but I have a solid fuel Rayburn bought here in France etc. We have got a pump on the in bound pipe and it is gravity fed to the tank which has to be slightly higher than the cooker it self . I have no understanding as to why you have to have a attick tank to feed the Esse as is it not an open sytem with an expansion tank, on the Rayburn it only tops water up if the there has need to add water to the system ie over boiling and out through expansion tank never happened yet! With the Rayburn the hot water heats the coil inside the hot water tank and thus heats the water for washing etc.whilst the water in the coil is part of the central heating system of radiators. I am definatly not a plumber and I am only assuming that the esse may work ina smilar way to the Rayburn as it is likely to be a simple system This system is as per Aga's Scematic for the Rayburn.  I hop this has been some help. Could Esse not help in their export department.

Archived