Complete France Forum

Mobile phones

I have read - somewhere - that it is difficult to buy a mobile phone in france without a French credit rating.  Is this so?  Both my wife and I are modest mobile users with me being more modest than her.  In the UK we both use O2 Nokia pay as you go with me spending about £30.00 per year and my wife £50.00.  We are quite happy with the phones we have so, is it possible for us to buy Simm cards for France?  If not what is the most practical network to buy in to?  Our area will be the Vendee. Any advice welcome

Unless anything has changed in the last couple of years any French mobile operator will sell you a simm card on a payg basis.

As for a contract............I don't know.

The problem that you will hit is that the credit on French payg mobiles runs out fairly quickly. This has been covered lots of times before. Try a search.

Hi Benjamin - Thank you for responding.  I did do a search but didn't come up with the solution.  I was hoping that I might find someone who had come up with the 'best' alternative.  Maybe there is no solution as such but there must be preferred options even if it is only topping up small but often.  anyway thaks.

There are many threads on this subject in the Sat TV, Internet & Telephone section.

As in UK it's difficult enough trying to compare like for like between providers without being further hampered by the fact it tends to all be in French...[8-)]

I'm currently trying out a SIM card from Oneroam http://www.oneroam.co.uk/ but there are several other outfits offering a similar service.

Archived