Complete France Forum

bathroom ceiling in pigeonaire

osie

Hi All...

At present we have our bathroom in the upper floor of a pigeonaire.  It has a cheap plastic ceiling 2.5metres high with some thin(not very effective) insulation being supported by some nice wood beams.

What I would ideally like is to remove the plastic insulation so that the roof tiles of the pigeonaire can be seen.  The problem being insulation and mould.  I am not sure how to insulate and what to do about the mould from the damp bathroom.

The alternative would be to put a nicer ceiling up and some effective insulation.

Would you have any ideas how a nice bathroom could work making use of the roof, or a nice ceiling to use and which insulation would be best.

thanks in advance

osie

it is a square one.  At the moment I think the roof is just tiles and not much else.. no cladding etc.  I have not looked belong the plastic ceiling yet so not sure.. but it is very cold in the winter.

The bathroom ceiling has 2 diagonal wood beams that currently support the plastic ceiling.

2 sides of the square bathroom is windows, while the other 2 sides are attatched to the rest of the house.

Archived