Complete France Forum

Carbon filter for fosse

Jonzjob

Can anyone give me any information on fitting a carbon filter to the vent on a fosse Please?

At the moment our fosse just has a little metat hat type cover on the vent and there is the occasional smell from it. I have seen adds for these filters in the Connection and I wondered if anyone had any experience of them?

• 2 months later...

Hi - You've may have sorted this out by now but... perhaps this will be useful to you.  Earlier this year, I replaced the metal 'hats' on two vents, running up the external wall of the house, with carbon filters. There are two types of filter unit; the one I needed for sink/toilet vents, and one suitable for a septic tank vent. I found it clearly explained on the website.

I wasn't sure whether they would be worth the outlay, but now I consider the filters money well spent. No smells since fitting them and they look reasonably tidy. They were very easy to fit, I needed to buy a collar from a DIY shop to marry the vent pipe to the filter. Each collar cost a couple of Euro. The website has information needed for specific pipe sizes.  nb. The carbon filter supplied with the unit needs to be replaced every two years.

Delivery (to France) was within 7 days, as promised. I had no problems at all with the order or product from this supplier www.Humm-Busters.com It was a quick solution to a long-time annoying problem!

Archived