Complete France Forum

Poele spares - cast iron grates

thunderhorse

We have a three-year-old Godin 1120 poêle à bois (petit ronde), the circular grate (about 20cm diam.) of which has cracked and given up the ghost. Despite extensive searching, I can't find a direct supplier for a replacement.

Weldom's have suggested four weeks at €84! and 3MMM eight weeks at €40 approx. It's a long time to go without heating.

Any help on this appreciated.

Cheers.

You might get more sense from one of their main distributors.

they don't seem to have one in 79 but offer

Fontaine le Comte- Liguge

C.T.C

RN 10 ZA

Téléphone : 05-49-53-04-45
Fax :

Naintre

SARL JIKA

RN 10 Le bois Weber

Téléphone : 05-49-90-14-16
Fax :

see

http://www.chemineesgodin.com/distributeur.php

Alternatively have you tried whoever installed the stove?

[quote user="thunderhorse"]We have a three-year-old Godin 1120 poêle à bois (petit ronde), the circular grate (about 20cm diam.) of which has cracked and given up the ghost. Despite extensive searching, I can't find a direct supplier for a replacement.

Weldom's have suggested four weeks at €84! and 3MMM eight weeks at €40 approx. It's a long time to go without heating.

Any help on this appreciated.

Cheers.

[/quote]

As wood fires dont need a grate as such, could you find someone to cut a steel plate of the right diameter as a temporary measure.

[quote user="powerdesal"]As wood fires dont need a grate as such, could you find someone to cut a steel plate of the right diameter as a temporary measure.

[/quote]

I've two massive rectangular cast iron plates from old hearths. If I can't find a proper replacement, out will come the giant angle grinder... [:D]

Archived