Complete France Forum

Capricorne HELP!! Callisto, Noel Perin, Apiterm Aquitaine in Dordogne near Bergerac.

WJT

Can anyone help please!! We need our wood treated for Capricorne and I won't state anything here but could anyone by perhaps PM contact me with any experience you have with the above companies PLEASE. Each have said a few things and one about the other. I would love to hear from anyone with first hand experience if possible.

All are located in Dordogne around the Bergerac area, Noel Perin is now Apiterm Aquitaine but perhaps both are still active. Thank you very much in advance.

was it you who approched the companys or was it them who approched you?if it was them that approched you i wouldnt worry to much they are just scare mongers,the usual tactic is to drive about a district in disticly lettered vans and then call to say while they are in the area they will do a free survey,the firm that called on our barn wanted 16000 to treat it,after being told to leave speacial one off offer of 12000,again after being asked to leave i was offered a deal were by i gave them a lift to do the work and it would only cost 8000,there will be old sign of capricorn in most old houses and barns in france, it  does not mean its active but wether active or not ,it is easly treatable with a spray on soloution you can get from any brico or builders

Hi Hardhat, thank you for the reply. It was us that contacted them. We received a number of devis five years ago and decided not to have it done (head in sand really). We have already tried treating ourselves to no avail.

If you go the the below link (me asking about a problem with carpenter bees! [:(])on page two will show a few very bad beams. Sadly we have an active infestation and the munching sounds that we have been hearing throughout the house for the past five years, fingers crossed will be coming to an end. We have now made a commitment to Apiterm. As I said fingers crossed! [:(]

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/2/1655459/ShowPost.aspx#1655459

Archived