Complete France Forum

Wooden floor - advice on Vitrificateur treatment please

fermette2

Hi, I'm looking for some advice please. We have a wooden floor which is, as yet, untreated. It is clean and smooth and we are looking to seal it and bring up the grain. We were unsure which product would suit best as there is such an array on the brico shelves, so have bought a tin of Boisilor Vitrificateur for parquet. We have tried it on a sample piece and the effect is pleasing but nowhere on the tin does it state what the constituents of the product are. We have bought "Incolore ciré". Is the milky appearance due to PVA or wax or both? Many thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Fermette

hi ok

I have done our floors with the V33 version of it and for the stairs the gel version  to give a none slip finish. It`s a polyurethane water based product ... no need to wax or polish it after  , the wife's just got one of them wide flat dry  floor mop things , it`s been down for nearly 4 years now and still looks the same , ...best to buy the special wide nylon brush to paint it on with ....much quicker ..or if its a completely flat floor a squeegee is brill 

Dave

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/Pdr_0144.jpg[/IMG]

Archived