Complete France Forum

Toilet vents: How much horizontal run is allowed first?

Howie

Hi all.

I'm sure you can help me here!

I'm fitting my own fosse toutes eaux and am doing the internal pipework first.

Does anyone know how much of a horizontal run SPANC allows from each toilet before the 100mm vertical vent must be teed-in?

Thanks in advance.

[quote user="Howie"]Hi all.

I'm sure you can help me here!

I'm fitting my own fosse toutes eaux and am doing the internal pipework first.

Does anyone know how much of a horizontal run SPANC allows from each toilet before the 100mm vertical vent must be teed-in?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

If you are referring to the 'stench pipe', I am putting mine outside just after joining the water waste with the toilet waste. I am putting in a non return valve known in France as a 'clapet interruptor' before joining the water and toilet wate pipes'. Why are you putting in a 100mm vertical vent? I am using 32mm fixed to an external wall capped with an 'aerateur a membrane' to dissipate odours exiting the pipe at the top. The internal horizontal run will only be around 1 meter at 3% fall as I have planned all my plumbing to be close to the point at which the pipes exit the house.

[quote user="La Guerriere"]Not sure that SPANC are interested in what happens inside the house[/quote]

Hello.

I'm fairly sure they are. From what I've been told, they inspect the entire installation and each toilet has to have it's own vent - which can't be joined to any other vent.

[quote user="oldgit72"] 

If you are referring to the 'stench pipe', I am putting mine outside just after joining the water waste with the toilet waste. I am putting in a non return valve known in France as a 'clapet interruptor' before joining the water and toilet wate pipes'. Why are you putting in a 100mm vertical vent? I am using 32mm fixed to an external wall capped with an 'aerateur a membrane' to dissipate odours exiting the pipe at the top. The internal horizontal run will only be around 1 meter at 3% fall as I have planned all my plumbing to be close to the point at which the pipes exit the house.

[/quote]

Right. This is confusing. I believe that everything you're planning, is against the rules! See:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1655065/ShowPost.aspx

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks.

Archived