Complete France Forum

'Built in' furniture

Scooby

Does anyone know of anyone (joiner / cabinet maker etc) in 24 that makes custom furniture?  We have recently had one of our bedrooms insulated from the inside which means the sloping part of the ceilings start much lower.  We're finding it extremely difficult finding furniture that will fit and so are thinking about having a 'built-in' (made to measure) head board, chest of drawers etc...

Scooby I know someone who would probably make what you want but he is in the UK, he travels !

http://www.emmess.biz/ if you go to his site, then Hi Fi media, our corner cabinet is the second one down on the right...we'll have back to do bedroom stuff sometime too....I think if you talked to him he may be able to come up with a way of helping you out (making it easy to fit !) He is in Burbage, Leicestershire but he came down to us in the Thames Valley....no problem......

Not  a solution perfect but may just be worth a phone call..............

My brother has had some furniture made locally, and it is beautifully done to a very high standard and not ridiculously expensive. He is in 33 (Gironde) so not too far from you, if you still need someone I could ask him for the details?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry about the delay..... I forgot which post it was[:$] ....it's taken me a while to find it!! His details are: M. Claude Vaudon 0557433286 and is based around St Andre de Cuzak. His work is very good, just be very clear about how you want it doing.

Archived