Complete France Forum

English skimming/finishing plaster - French equivilant

tasng4

Does anyone know, if there is one, the French equivilant of English finishing plaster?  The best we've found to date is Lutece 2000 L.  All the other stuff goes off in minutes.  I'm back in the UK early May and will bring some English back if I can't find any.

Our plasterer (english) swears by Lafarge 904 (I think that's the correct number, I'll check later). It's actually made for spraying but he mucks about with it for ages before it goes off. He hasn't found anything else that comes near. He buys it from Gedimat.

Edit: It's actually PPM4

• 1 year later...

[quote user="joidevie"]Has anyone tried either the Lafarge PPM4 or Lutece 2000 C and are either a good alternative to multi finish? And roughly how much is one of the 33kg bags?

Many thanks..
[/quote]

Yes we used Lutece 2000 L and C last September, both were excellent, but if you are a reasonable plasterer go for the C or you could have a lot of waiting time!

The price last Sept. from Point.P was € 13.43 + TVA = € 16.07 per 33kg sac

[quote user="joidevie"]

What did you use as a 'bonding coat'?

[/quote]

We were skimming on plaster boards, we dry lined first. Also the finish is great, pure white and easy to paint over.

I know most people would have just taped the joints but I wanted full plaster finish and it looks great.

Plus hubby is a good plasterer.[:D]

Archived