Complete France Forum

Missing books! Problem solved!

I do like reading books and since coming to France, getting hold of suitable English reading has been a problem. It has been an expensive process buying through Amazon on line and although. I have obtained some books through brocantes,  the selection has not been very varied.

So following through a mention on this forum, I made the 65 kms  round trip from my home in Nanteuil en Vallee to a pretty little village near Sauzé-Versaiss called Loringé. In the village school house I found two charming English ladies running a very efficient library of 10,000 English hardback and paper backs. I felt like an alcoholic in a brewery! The selection was fantastic; all books being very clean and in good condition! They also have a large French selection!

It is open every Wednesday and Saturday afternoon. It only cost €2 to join and you are allowed to take away up to 14 books at one time, without any time limit. It did not seem to be very well attended and I hope that anyone seeing this posting might make use of this very good facility!

Archived