Complete France Forum

sourcing stone flags for floor

scubasurfer

Hi, It would be great if anyone had any suggestions about where I could source flagstones for the kitchen floor. Would love to find some reclaimed ones but I have discovered that they are priced in the stratosphere! Am happy to have new ones and could find any number of suppliers in the UK but am struggling in France. We are in the Vendee (85). Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

There is a range from yucky concrete with gravelly bits to simulated marble with a price range to match, naturally!

You could try Leroy Merlin, if there is one near you and most of the DIY shops do a range though some have a larger range than others.

The reason I mentioned Point P is that they seem to have a fair selection and their prices don't seem any worse than anyone else's.

But, be warned, dalles (as flagstones are called in French) tend to cost quite a bit more than the equivalent in the UK.

Hi, can you say approximately how many sqaure meters you need? I am looking for exactly the same thing and may have found some at a fraction of the price but delivery is a problem. I know it is a long shot but just a fleeting idea.[:)]

• 1 month later...
Hi Sorry about the delay but have just caught up with this thread after some family problems. We are looking for about 20 square metres so not a huge amount, but I have to confess I am being really picky about these and want them to look as authentic as possible. many thanks for replying and once again sorry about the delay.

Which area are you in?

There are lots quarries in my area - 24 . Ask the old locals where the stone comes from. It may not match unless it's dirted or distressed for some years but at least it will be genuine and the same stuff.

Archived