Complete France Forum

Fosses, SPANC recommendations and then....?

mint

Quote:

Que-ce que c'est, l'Arrêté 2009 and why is it better for me to wait till March 2010?

In fact there are 3 Arrêtés covering separately the Construction, Emptying and Inspection of Fosse Sewage Installations.

SPANC professionals estimate that it will be perhaps March 2010 before the details of the regulations are ready; most SPANC professionals will be wary of sticking their necks out before knowing what the new rules are; a bit of an in limbo situation.

There are some informative Technical Sheets on the Ecology Ministry website; I'll check them on the desk top tomorrow.

On "netty" at moment.

Here is the link to the PDF file of Fiche No8, one of my favourites, a super little piece by M Borloo.

It covers "articulation" which is a french expression for eating humble pie after a CEN Directive.

articulation entre les normes européennes et la réglementation française fixant les prescriptions techniques dans le domaine de l’assainissement non collectif

A lot of  µSTEP purveyors have been extolling the virtues of the CE mark on their wares, not quite so simple.

Les autorités françaises ont d’ailleurs reçu l’approbation de la commission européenne le 6 août 2009 pour la publication de ce texte réglementaire.
Les dispositifs disposant d’un marquage CE devront avoir obtenu un agrément national, délivré par les ministères chargés de l’écologie et de la santé, avant de pouvoir être installés en tant que traitement en France.

I would not move a shovel in the direction of a fosse until I had a complete list of "agrément national" qualifiers.

http://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/fiche_8_articulation_reglementation_normalisation-2.pdf

Thank you, Pacha.  However, all might be on the back burner now or indeed might not even be on any burner.

Requested a second visit to the property from seller, just to check that we are spending our money wisely and have made up our minds to go straight into an offer-acceptance situation.

Guess what, had an email from the seller to say he was "unhappy" to inconvenience his friends again (the people who showed us the property) especially such a short time after our initial visit!

As Victor M might have said, "I don't believe it!"

To refuse a second visit!!!!  I thought second visits were like gold dust and that you bent over backwards to facilitiate these?

Anyway, that's that:  I shall walk away.  After all, I'm the "client", I'm the one with the loot, it's a buyer's market (or so I'm led to believe) and I'd love to see someone resolve the problem of the non-conforming fosse.  

Archived