Complete France Forum

The 170m2 rule & pools

PaulT

In 2 years time we are looking to do some work on our house:

The 170m2 rule - is this the gross internal area, i.e. including walls, the net internal area, i.e. usable floor area, or is it certain rooms?

The pool we are thinking of putting in one corner such that two sides will effectively have the fence between us and the farmers field. I have seen very few pools that have the required fencing but thought it best to comply. Would we need the fencing complying to the various regulations on all 4 sides or just the two accessible from our property?

Thanks

Paul 

I would say that when we had our fence checked to make sure that it complied with the rules that you would be wise to have the fence going right around the pool as to make sure.

You are also not allowed to have anything near enough that someone can climb on and get over, so the next door fence may be a problem if yours is right next to it.

But this is a bit daft because it doesn't stop a child from putting a garden chair up against the fence and climbing over! We run gites and we open and shut the pool at a certain time and you would be surprised what some people will do if your a few minutes late or even before your open time!!

Archived