Complete France Forum

new utilities supplies- whats a typical cost?

KristaandDahl

Hi, we are currently considering buying a plot of land for a new build, there is electricty and water on the road but I am concerned as to how much EDF and the water company would charge for installing these services to the property. The property already has planning permission and there is a house plan- the house would be some distance from the road, say 300m uphill. I already know that we would have to dig our own trenches.

What could we expect the costs to be? Any ideas?

The land is in the Correze (19)

Electricity and water connections are around 1000euro as long as the connection is simple and does not involve digging up of roads or lengths of cabling/pipework above what is considered normal. Our water supply needed pipework from the main road to the border of our property of around 80 metres. This should have cost us 6k euros but we had some financial assistance from the Mairie which bought the cost down to 2k. I believe EDF also charge extra for additional cabling which now must be underground. EDF's website will give you an idea of the costs. From what you say,assuming your land borders the road, most of your costs would be the digging of trenches from your border to the house which are entirely under your own control ie cost of digger+man x number of days needed to do the work.

Hope this helps.

Archived